Edinburgh Tree Surgeons and arborists, Arborist Direct Edinburgh are local professionals in tree services and tree care. We are a local Edinburgh team with many years of experience between us. We cover all tree work in and around Edinburgh as well as surrounding areas up to an hours drive away.
Our climbing tree surgeons and arborists can help with all sorts of tree surgery including:
- Tree pruning
- Tree felling
- Tree removal
- Tree planting
- Hedge trimming
- Residential and Commercial tree work
- Tree stump removal
We cover Edinburgh City and the surrounding areas including East Lothian to West Lothian and from the Scottish Borders to Falkirk.
Our staff are all trained and hold all required certification and insurance. But in addition we pride ourselves as having staff educated in arboriculture and so we can advise on how best to keep trees green and healthy over a long lifetime. Topping, lopping and trimming for all residential and commercial tree surgeon work in the Edinburgh and Lothian area.
Tree pruning comes in many forms from groundwork to working at height with cherry pickers and cranes. But to get into the tree canopy and make cuts where they are needed usually requires a special type of climbing tree surgeon, trained and experienced in this type of tree surgery. This way we can carry out all types of tree pruning work including:
- Crown thinning to allow more light and air through the canopy. This also reduces wind loading and makes trees safer in strong winds.
- Crown raising by removing low down branches to allow for vehicle or people aces when passing under a tree
- Crown reduction where the tree can be reduced in height and size.
- Dead-wooding. Over time trees naturally have some branches which may get damaged and dies off. These can be removed by a tree surgeon to make the tree more beautiful but also to make it safer so that no dead branches can fall or go flying in a high wind.
Tree felling and tree removal. Sometimes when there is enough space around a tree a tree can be felled. But more often than not, in private gardens, there isn’t the space and owners don’t want falling trees and branches to damage their lawn or garden. In these cases Arborist Direct Edinburgh uses a skilled method to take down and remove the tree called sectional dismantling. This is where a climbing tree surgeon climbs into the canopy to cat the tree into sections from the top down, lowering each branch or tree section to the ground slowly with ropes so as not to cause any damage to people or property around.
Feel free to call us and we will visit your property to talk over and advise on what work can be dome and to provide you with a quotation.